Local Services

Local Services

My Health Workshops

Where to go when you feel unwell

There are many NHS services that are on hand to help and support, but it’s also important to ensure you are contacting the right service for your need. Support our NHS by making the right choice when you need health and care services.

Self care at home: Many minor ailments, such as coughs and colds, headaches or stomach upsets, can be successfully treated at home with the help of a well-stocked first aid kit or medicine cabinet.

Pharmacy: Your local pharmacist is a highly trained medical professional. They can advise and support you with a range of issues, from minor aches and pains, scalds, allergies, sore throats, colds and bites and stings. No appointment is needed.

Minor Injuries unit: Minor injuries such as those listed below can be treated at the local minor injuries unit. For appointments at Mount Vernon Hospital please call 111. Hillingdon Hospital has a walk in urgent treatment centre located next to the Emergency Department.

cuts, bruises, grazes, dog and cat bites
minor burns
minor head injuries
injuries to hands, wrists, elbows, feet, ankles and lower legs
soft tissue injuries and sports injuries
dislocated fingers and toes

Minor Injuries services CANNOT treat more serious injuries or conditions, such as from road traffic collisions, drug overdoses, deep vein
thrombosis, severe allergic reactions or head injuries for people taking blood thinners. Maternity or gynaecological conditions are also NOT able to be treated by the service.

GP surgery: Your General Practice team is here to help you access the right support when you need it, whether that’s via telephone, online or face-to-face.

A triage system will be used to book appointments, as this ensures, you are in the right place to be treated, that you will be seen, and that you won’t have to wait long.

111: If you have an urgent health concern, but you’re unsure what to do, visit 111.nhs.uk online or call 111, available 24/7. They
will help right away and guide you to the right service for your needs.

Emergency department or 999: In the event of a life-threatening or serious injury or illness, such as chest pain, breathing difficulty, severe bleeding or severe allergic reaction, go to your nearest emergency department or call 999.

Warm Welcome Centres 2023-24

The attached file lists the details of the warm welcome centres open in Hillingdon this winter.

Mental Health

Your GP will always be available to support and advise on mental health concerns. In Hillingdon there is also the following services:

Mental Health Crisis Line

The Single Point of Access is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. You can call them on 0800 0234 650 or email [email protected]

Cove Cafe

Hillingdon Cove Cafe is a drop-in service where residents of Hillingdon can go if they are experiencing a mental health crisis. Open 2pm-10pm, for people 16+.

Domestic Abuse

Contact the Hillingdon Domestic Abuse Advocacy Service (HDAAS) in confidence (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) by emailing [email protected] or calling 07874 620954.

Outside of HDAAS’ opening hours and on bank holidays, contact the Stronger Families Hub by calling 01895 556006 or emailing [email protected]


The Stronger Families Hub is the point of contact for out of hours adult safeguarding concerns too. 


Hillingdon Council

Find information on the council website about help with your housing needs.

Housing Services Emergency line:

If you need to contact the council in an emergency situation outside of office hours, they are available to provide advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For emergency situations that cannot wait until office opening times, please call them on 01895 250111.

Homeless/rough sleeping:

Connecting people sleeping rough to local services. You can make a professional referral through Streetlink below:

StreetLink – Connecting people sleeping rough to local services (thestreetlink.org.uk)

Care Home Support

Telephone: 0808 175 3609

This specialist service comes at no cost to individuals or families. The team is available to help find the right care for the individual, whether this is self-funded care options, whether in a nursing home or help staying independent at home.

Find Care Home Availability and Local CQC Registered Home Carers (carehomeselection.co.uk)

Social Care Directory

Hillingdon Council

This directory can be helpful if you have a one-off social need. Home | Hillingdon Directory

Poverty / Financial Hardship

Help Through Hardship

Telephone: 0808 2082138

Lines open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Closed on public holidays. Their friendly advisers can help you get the support you need if you’re struggling to afford essentials like food, heating and toiletries. They can advise which benefits you’re entitled to, guide you through any claims, and help you with emergency issues.

Mental Health

CNWL Single Point of Access

-They provide one number and one email address for referrals to secondary mental health services and support in a mental health crisis.

-Open to children and adults of all ages, to people who haven’t previously used mental health services and to carers and family members who might be concerned about someone.

-Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

-Telephone:  0800 0234 650, email: [email protected]  

Hillingdon Cove Café

-A community based crisis alternative service, provided by Hestia on behalf of CNWL, offering non-clinical support to individuals experiencing a crisis or mental distress.

-Open to anyone over 16 years old.

-You can turn up without an appointment between 2 – 10pm, Monday – Sunday. Address: Apple Blossom Cottage (Rear or Apple Blossom Lodge), 64 Ickenham Road, Ruislip, HA4 7DQ.

-Telephone: 07827 535 271, email: [email protected]

Domestic Abuse

Hillingdon Domestic Abuse Advocacy Service (HDAAS)

  • If you are a victim of domestic violence and abuse you can contact them in confidence to access support.
  • Open Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.

Stronger Families Hub

  • Outside of HDAAS’ opening hours & on bank holidays anyone can contact the Stronger Families Hub to access support.


Hillingdon Council Housing Services Emergency Line

  • For emergency situations that cannot wait until Hillingdon Council Housing Department’s normal hours you can contact this emergency line for advice.


  • A website & mobile app that allows you to alert local authorities and street outreach services about people over the age of 18 you have seen sleeping rough and ensures help and support can be given quickly.
  • Visit the website or download the app: Streetlink (site.com)  


Help Through Hardship Helpline

  • Callers can talk confidently to a trained Citizens Advice advisor who can provide support to maximise their income, navigate the benefits system and explore if there are any additional grants someone might be entitled to. If needed, they can also arrange an emergency food parcel from the local food bank too.
  • Open to anyone in a financial crisis.
  • Open Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm. (Closed on public holidays).
  • Telephone: 0808 208 2138